About two weeks ago, I wrote a quick piece on Verizon’s launch of the HTC Droid Incredible. I touted it as one of the best currently available smartphones on the market, coming in slightly short of the unreleased Sprint HTC Evo 4G. Skatter Tech received the HTC Incredible earlier today, courtesy of Verizon Wireless. To leave you with a quick taste of my initial impressions, I have to say that the phone is well-built, attractive, compact, and very responsive. For now, since I’ll need at least another day to complete my review, I thought I’ll leave you all with some photos of the device.
Droid Incredible Features:
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense UI
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Friend Stream for unified Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter
- 8 Megapixel Camera with dual LED flash
- Leap view for quick access to all 7 home screen panels
- 3.7 inch 480×800 AMOLED capacitive touch screen
- HTC optical joystick for navigation
- Dedicated Home, Menu, Back, and Search keys
- Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, and Digital Compass
- Integrated 3G network, GPS, and WiFi b/g
- 3.5mm jack, 8GB internal storage, & max 32GB microSD
The HTC Droid Incredible will retail for $199 after a sending in a $100 mail-in rebate and signing a new two-year contract starting on April 29th. Monthly service fees begin at the standard smartphone minimum rates: $39 for voice and $30 data. If you want to be notified when our full in-depth review goes live, subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up for Email Subscriptions. We’re also on Facebook and Twitter!