The all-new Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 are expected to reach dealerships by October 15, 2005. These two care are both complete remakes of the current IS 300, which has now been discontinued. The new IS line is expected to be a breakthrough for Lexus, as it is expected to yield better performance than the BMW 3 Series. The IS 250 is expected to start at $30k, while the IS 350 is set at about $40k. I have managed to snap plenty of shots of an IS 250 that was temporarily located at a dealership (Stevens Creek) for tune-up before an auto show. From the looks of it, the IS has a more sporty car feel than the previous model. This car has the new style that the GS line currently has on the interior and exterior.
This car is loaded with ton of gadgets and features, some are:
- Mark Levinson 14-speaker sound system
- 6-disc DVD/CD changer (supports WMA & Mp3)
- AUX input for iPods & Walkmans (12V power supply)
- Navigation LCD touch screen + voice controled
- Safety backup camera & DVDs play while in park mode
- Bluetooth phone support & steering wheel phone controls
- Smart keyless entry system & push 2 start button
- Pre-collison system and front/side/knee airbags
- Ventilated heat/cool front seats
- Paddle-shifters and console shifter (Manual)
The IS 250/350 both have the same body, but both are about 3 inches longer and wider than the current IS 300 (“05). The 6-speed IS 250 is powered by a 2.5L 206hp engine and is available in manual, automatic, and tiptronic transmissions. The 6-speed IS 350 has a 3.5L 306hp engine and is also available in manual and auto. (V6 engines) The IS 350 is only offered rear-wheel drive, while the IS 250 is offered in rear-wheel and all-wheel drive. The IS 250 can get up to 32mpg and the IS 350 can get a max of 28mpg. (varies on AWD/RD & M/T vs. Auto) There is also word on a IS 430 that might be released next year that has a V8 engine and is possibly a hardtop convertible, another possible addition might be a hybrid IS as well. Both are concept cars so no “offical” Lexus announcements yet.
Update (10/11/05): The Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 (2006) pricing has been released by Lexus. IS 250 starts at ~$29,000 and the IS 350 starts at ~$35,000. – [via Yahoo Biz]
Recent Post: Set Multiple Firefox HomePages